Thursday, December 11, 2008

No. 7

Nothing really new to report but I see that it has been since last Thursday (a whole week practically!) since I posted. Figured I'd better give you the readers something to chew on.

I am surprised at how fast indeed December is ticking down. Somehow I find a way to stay busy all day and before I know it the weekend is here and I'm at Fleming's peddling Christmas trees (by the way, if you have not gotten your tree for Christmas yet, you might wanna get on that ASAP because the selection is diminishing fast for the nice trees).

The back room here in the basement where all my "stuff" resides is slowly getting taller and wider and that means I'm finding more stuff than I originally thought to take. Not a bad thing but just surprises me when I think about about how I was disbelieving there was a lot of stuff initially. Hope it will all fit in the trailer and SUV!

So as with last post, I have found some more interesting thoughts to publish (though they aren't mine). Enjoy and talk to some of you sooner and some of you later.

"Let’s use the metaphor. There’s been an earthquake or a tornado or hurricane or some large scale, tragic event. We’re working to rescue the survivors, the injured, ourselves. We’re exposed first hand to death. We’re calculating what it will take to rebuild or if we should abandon. We’re coming face to face with difficult if not impossible decisions. There is chaos. There are extreme emotions. But we are committed to seeing it through, however long it may take. For our benefit, and/or for everyone’s benefit. And then one day we wake up to find we are out of the woods. We have persevered. But we’ve spent so much of our life dealing with the trauma that we’re not quite sure what to do now. We’ve grown so accustomed to living under the most challenging of circumstances that we have no idea what to do with a lovely day. We are now in unknown and unfamiliar territory. So what do we do now? The answer is simple. It’s time to celebrate. "
-Maynard James Keenan

2 comments:

Amy KS Bockis said...

Make sure you include who the author is of the comments that you write :o)

Al Smith III said...

Will do, I'll edit the post right now.