Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Gratitude is the Attitude


“Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” (Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.)


Even before I take my first step I gotta give props where it is due: my family. Without my family I am unsure of where I would be, or if I'd even have this upcoming chance to move outside into a tent. My attitude in this moment is one of gratitude; gratefulness for them and their love and support towards me.

My first step, then, is to embrace the decision I am making. To live in the presence of joy and appreciation at the life I am able to live and breathe! There surely is a reason why I am still alive, and until that is known - if ever - I will continue to develop moments towards gratitude and things that I have freely and persistently. Thank you for an ability to trust, especially when the whole cannot be seen. 

Two pieces of the puzzle materialized today: my tent arrived and an affordable pair of snowshoes were purchased serendipitously off of a local man through Craigslist. Few hypothetical pieces remain, though thankfully, the biggest piece of all is always within you and I: belief.

Appreciation in that,
Alan


Slow cheetah come
Before my forest
Looks like it's on today

Slow cheetah come
It's so euphoric
No matter what they say


Slow Cheetah by Red Hot Chili Peppers on Grooveshark

No comments: