Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Comes A Time...

There comes a time when I feel like sharing music; again and again. For whatever reason, music is the ultimate glue, the duct tape that never fails, the mysterious-piece-now-known to my life. This Neil Young song seems to capture a bit of what it feels like this morning, waiting to hear the outcome of my car - knowing that I need to be on the road to Colorado soon. 

I gotta smile though, the patience games brings its pieces to the board of life once again. In this, I find my deep breathing, recalling the soothing feeling of calm it brings, as I settle to wait for life's next move. Indeed, a worthy ally. 

Listen to the song here (on the blog site itself is best; the link will not work via email):
Comes a time
when you're driftin'
Comes a time
when you settle down
Comes a light
feelin's liftin'
Lift that baby
right up off the ground.

Oh, this old world
keeps spinning round
It's a wonder tall trees
ain't layin' down
There comes a time.

You and I we were captured
We took our souls
and we flew away
We were right
we were giving
That's how we kept
what we gave away.

Oh, this old world
keeps spinning round
It's a wonder tall trees
ain't layin' down
There comes a time.

I believe in some ways that we assist in creating our reality. With that in the forefront of mind's possibility, I sip my coffee and smile as I regard the sunshine shinning bright outside; illuminating the whole world that is visible to me in its loving light. Simply and easily beautiful! 

a seemingly magical sunset viewed from an AT shelter atop Killington Peak in Vermont
Happy sunny day,
Alan 

4 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

This is a truly awesome and inspiring blog sir. You're so right about the power of music. It's so ironic that you posted this, as I am plannong a music-related post soon. Great blog!! I would love to become a follower if I may.

Al Smith III said...

Thanks for the comment man! I'm glad you dig it. May I ask how you found my blog site? Thanks again man!

Peace,
Al

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I found it by randomly perusing blogger - just happened upon yours!

Al Smith III said...

awesome; well thanks again for taking a moment to dig on mine. I'll be following you from now on.

Peace!